Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Do you keep a diary??



www.ajujuboyblog.blogspot.com
Do you keep a diary???
As I usually do, I also noticed that most young people doesn't make use of a diary or should I say doesn't know what a diary is.
I'll do my best to enlighten you, " A Diary is a record originally in handwritten format with discrete entries arranged by date, reporting on what has happened over the course of a day."
A lot of older people knows what a diary means but most of them doesn't keep one. My Dad keeps a diary since I was a child. He has a diary for every new year. But I noticed he isn't using a diary anymore since he lost his 2018 diary. So I haven't seen him with a 2019 nor a 2020 diary.
He writes down almost everything in that diary and if you ask him he would say "I forget a lot and my diary reminds me". Anything that isn't in his diary is seen as something he didn't come across or something he wasn't involved in.
As a child anytime I was bored I would quickly pick up his old diary and begin to go through them, I later learnt that it was bad to go through people's personal diary but my Amebo sense wouldn't allow me😉😉
Do we now say that the era of personal diary is over following the advent of the internet?? NO!!! You'll have to ask yourself how many of you keep an online diary.
The diary is your closet friend, you share your thoughts,  experiences, fears, secret and intimate moments of yourself with it. Your so called best friends might not be able to keep your secret but trust me your diary can.
It's important because when you are gone people can refer back, dictate, verify and ascertain the real you. Don't think that your social media handle is a diary, there are things you wouldn't share in your timeline, but you would with a dairy.
If you don't have a diary get one! Your experience during this pandemic is worth sharing with a diary, so that your future looks back to your past and gets inspiration to open more brighter spaces.
Keep a diary today and start with
"Dear Diary "✍


Shallom
♥Emmanuel Ugochukwu Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Search This Blog

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *